With vandalism being a huge problem in communities today, graffiti removal is something every outdoor business owner has to go through. But, why does this task call for the help of a professional?
What Is Graffiti Removal?
Graffiti and vandalism are common problems that all cities in the United States face. It is also an expensive problem, costing Americans about $12 billion every year. Graffiti removal is simply the act or process of cleaning graffiti from public or private surfaces. There are several methods you can use to remove graffiti, ranging from chemical graffiti removal products to more eco-friendly options.
Why Graffiti Is Bad for Businesses
Graffiti most commonly occurs in public spaces and, therefore, falls under the responsibility of the local government. But, that does not mean the private sector is entirely safe from vandals. On the contrary, commercial establishments and businesses everywhere experience graffiti as well. And while it might not seem like a big deal to some, the presence of graffiti can actually have a negative effect on your business.
Scares Away Customers
Graffiti is bad for business because it leads to loss of revenue. The reasoning is simple — graffiti gives the impression of danger, and dangerous neighborhoods scare off potential customers. People are more likely to avoid your business if you have graffiti on your walls because it usually signals an unsafe, unpoliced area. Many people also link graffiti to gangs, even if it is not entirely true.
By removing graffiti, though, you can send a message to your customers that your business is located in a good neighborhood. When people are not worried about their safety, they feel more comfortable entering and patronizing your business.
Leads to Negative Perceptions About Your Business
Apart from the impression of danger, graffiti also gives rise to the notion that you have a poorly maintained business. Graffiti can make your establishment look old, worn, or dilapidated. As a business owner, you naturally want to attract more customers. That means making your business look inviting from the outside, and you can’t do that if you have unsightly graffiti sprayed all over your exterior.
Lowers Property Values
If you own a commercial property, then property value is probably a top priority for you. Your property is an investment, something that you would want to profit from in the future if you ever decide to sell it. Graffiti, though, can lower property values. This is because it is commonly associated with the presence of gangs and gives off the appearance of deterioration. Thus, if you want to protect the value of your property, start searching for the best graffiti remover.
Contributes to Poor Air Quality
According to the EPA, graffiti plays a big role in poor air quality because of its volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, which is a precursor to ozone. In Clark County, VOC emissions from graffiti are even greater than those caused by structure and vehicle fires, pesticides, traffic marking, and auto body refinishing. While it might not have an immediate effect on your business, poor air quality can have a significant influence in the long run.
Is Pressure Washing Effective for Removing Graffiti?
Understanding how graffiti has a negative impact on business is only the first step. It is equally important to know how to remove graffiti. And, for that, there are few ways.
One of the most utilized methods of graffiti removal is to simply paint over it. Many businesses use this method because it is inexpensive. But, painting over graffiti is not a viable solution in the long term.
Over time, as the same surface is vandalized and painted over and over again, the paint will start to peel off. It will also create multiple layers of paint and can result in a patchwork appearance. Additionally, you must make sure to use the same color paint each time so that it matches other walls. Otherwise, you will need to paint all the walls so that no single surface appears out of place.
Another option is to use chemical removers or cleaning products. This course of action is very effective against graffiti because of the active chemicals in them. But, these chemicals can also lead to surface damage or strip the underlying paint off, especially when applied incorrectly. Beyond that, chemical removers can also have a negative effect on the environment.
This brings us to pressure washing. Pressure washing is one of the best methods for graffiti clean up since it is effective and safe. As a form of graffiti removal, pressure washing is also both time- and cost-efficient. Because this method largely relies on water and pressure, it is also environmentally friendly and sustainable.
Why Call Professional Graffiti Pressure Washing Services
Pressure washing is a great way to remove graffiti from surfaces, but why is it better to call a professional service? After all, you can just as easily rent a pressure washer from your local home improvement store. There are several reasons, though, why a professional graffiti removal service is infinitely more beneficial than a DIY approach.
- Expertise. First of all, professionals are equipped with the necessary knowledge and experience required for graffiti removal. There are many kinds of surface materials — brick, concrete, vinyl, masonry, etc. And not all of these materials take kindly to pressure washing. Experts, though, know exactly what pressure level and nozzle to use on each type of surface, minimizing the risk of damage.
- Access to High-Grade Equipment. For the best outcome, you need to work with the best tools and equipment. But, you can’t really do that on your own. On the other hand, professionals use state-of-the-art, industry-grade equipment to accomplish the task in a more efficient and effective manner.
- Quick and Effective. Because professionals know how to get the job done from the get-go, there is no trial and error or learning curve to be had. As such, you can schedule graffiti removal services without minimal business disruption.
- Cheaper. Taking a DIY approach to pressure washing is more costly in the long run, even if you get to rent the machine for cheap. The mistakes you make can lead to damages or the need to redo the process multiple times. This results in expensive repairs or having to purchase the same cleaning products over and over again.
The Obvious Solution
As you can see, graffiti removal is integral to the success of your business. A clean and properly maintained exterior is not only appealing and inviting, but it also gives customers the right impression. And while there are cheaper methods, pressure washing is clearly the best option for removing graffiti.
Washh offers graffiti removal pressure washing in addition to other commercial cleaning services. Call us today at 704.321.8000 or contact us online to learn how we can help you.
- Do You Need Professional Chewing Gum Removal Services For Your Commercial Property?
- A Step-by-Step Guide On How To Clean Stucco
- 5 Advantages Of Parking Lot Pressure Washing